Simple To Do! The Top Easy Ways to Make Extra Money!
We could all use a little extra money.
The obvious solution is to get a second job, but if you’re already working 40+ hours a week on someone else’s schedule, the idea of working more hours on a schedule might not sit too well with you.
Also, most part-time jobs don’t pay very well.
So what can you do?
There are plenty of things you can do to earn extra money!
Try some of these:
- Write articles. Contact blogs about subjects in which you’re an expert. Offer to write an article for them. Or try a site like textbroker.com or elance.com. The money can be good, and you have a lot of flexibility. You can work anytime of the day or night.
- Sell stuff. Sell all the stuff you have that you don’t want or need anymore. If you’re really feeling rambunctious, ask your neighbors and friends if they have anything they want to sell. You can ask for 10-20% of the selling price. Use eBay or Craigslist to get a good price.
- Re-write ads. Contact sellers on eBay or Craigslist and offer to re-write poorly written ads for 2-5% of the selling price. Some folks make a lot of money at this. The trick is to stick to the higher priced items like cars, furniture, and similar things.
- Consult. If you’re an expert at anything, find a way to make some money on the side with it. Maybe you can do taxes in the spring. Or perhaps you have some other talent that a small business could use on a part-time basis.
- Tutor. Tutoring can be a great way to make extra money. The hourly rate can be great, and it’s pleasant, low-stress work. Put an ad on Craigslist or contact the local schools.
- Give a seminar. This is similar to consulting, but instead of getting a good payday from a couple of sources, you can make a little money from a lot of people. You can probably get a lecture hall at a local university for a small amount of money. Simply advertise and see how many people you can get to sign up.
- Start your own website. If you can get traffic, you can make money. Start a blog or a simple website to sell a product or even someone else’s product for a commission. Or, you can charge for advertising on your site. Research internet marketing and implement traffic-getting techniques. Add more websites once you establish some regular profit.
- Mow lawns. It sounds like a job for a high school kid, but you can make $20+ in 30 minutes. $40+ an hour isn’t bad! It certainly beats delivering pizzas.
- Deliver newspapers. It’s good money for the amount of time it takes. You can even get some exercise if you get a walking route.
- Ask for a raise. If you think you deserve a raise, it doesn’t hurt to ask. You’re already putting in the time. Even a small raise is like free money.
- Walk dogs. People love their pets and will pay $10-15 for someone to take their dog out at lunchtime for 15 minutes while they’re at work. Some people work second shift and would love for someone to take Fido out for a walk at night.
This is just a very short list of ideas; you can probably come up with many more.
Making a little extra money can really help to pay the bills, and you might even find something that you enjoy doing.